Shaker style Oak replacement kitchen to replace the existing, dated and poorly designed kitchen. The project also included re-configuring the electrics, upgrading the consumer unit and certification of the entire electrical system. Due to the condition of the kitchen walls one of the walls was re-covered with 12mm plaster board to create an even surface for the customer to install tiles.
This was a real race against time.... the challenge was to transform this darkened bungalow into one with a light, airy modern feel before the client moved in!
The project involved redecorating the whole of the property (some 14 plus rooms in total) and included the following:
- refreshing the kitchen by fitting a new Franke sink and waste disposal unit, rubbing down and varnishing the wooden worktops, re-tiling and re-painting.
- Preparation and Redecoration of all rooms including the supply and installation of carpets.
- Adapting the utility room by removing the existing shower, installing new kitchen units to match existing and installing stud walling to enclose the existing WC.
- Testing both electrical and plumbing systems for safety and compliance against current regulations.
- Carrying out various property maintenance tasks such as cleaning guttering, etc.
We spent several weeks working on this delightful village cottage as part of a refurbishnent project and although it presented many challenges along the way we’re delighted the client was impressed by the outcome.
The initial project involved refreshing a bathroom (see separate gallery tited Cottage Re-Furb - Bathroom Sparkle), replacing a ceiling, plastering 3 ceilings and 4 walls, filling and rubbing down the remaining walls, painting all ceilings, walls, window frames, doors, skirting boards, architrave plus the supply of flooring (carpet and vinyl) throughout.
After completing this work to such a high standard we were asked to install a replacement kitchen at the property, see the gallery titled cottage re-furb replacement kitchen for an illustration of another amazing transformation.